With Ramadan coming to an end and Eid just around the corner are you still struggling with what to wear and what not to wear? Whether you are wearing Heritage outfits or not we are bringing you some useful tips to select your looks and outfits based on whats trending now.
1. Focus of trendy and versatile pieces that act as statement separates for your look. You don't have to sparkle from head to toe- Balance is the key.
2. Think feminine, soft and fun. Light colors and soft pastels are super trendy this season. Soft hues of pink, blue, taupe and butter are predominant along with white for relief.
3. Fabric is really the key to summer dressing. Long Light flowing shirts with straight or flowy pants are right on trend. Organza, banners, chiffons and cottons should be your fabric of choice. Lace and nets and back with a bang!
4. Light weight capes and jackets are perfect fusion pieces to mix with your traditional look for a very modern touch. Pair it smartly with cigarette or straight trouser pants for instant glamor.
I’ve always believed in “Less is more”- Just because its Eid you don't have to wear everything in one go. In your entire look there needs to be one statement piece that stands out. Focus on a few jewelry pieces and look confident and elegant.
A warm hello from the desk of HC,
I frequently go through moments when I feel like I have nothing at all to wear OR that I will waste a good outfit on a wrong occasion- Do you go through similar situations? I thought to use this platform to share some ideas so we can benefit from and use these towards the upcoming summer events as Eid, Iftaar parties etc.
*From what I have learnt its very important that you are comfortable in your own skin. You could be wearing a top designer outfit but if you are not comfortable carrying it then it will ruin your entire look and all your efforts . Know your personal style and then choose clothing items based on that. We all are different from one another hence things look different on all of us!
* Choose an outfit that brings a smile to your face. If you love what you are wearing then most of the work is already done. Choose your style and let it be unique to yourself.
* Whats in these days? Well fashion keeps on evolving and changing which keeps this industry rich and creative but don't change yourself to fit the fashion- Change the fashion to fit you. With long and short kameez style I have had a lot of clients come in confused as to what is actually in and what is out- For me whatever suits your body type and personality is always in!
* Play around with existing pieces in your wardrobe- Think of it as a game! Not only will you come up with newer and fresher looks for yourself but you will also be able to reuse your outfits that you have already worn. Always invest in separates so you are able to use them again to create different looks and styles. Jackets these days are PERFECT for this reason!
* How much should I dress up? there was a quote that I read once and still remember to date was that while coming out of the door remove one accessory before leaving- Less is more specially nowadays with hot summer days so keep your look fresh and simple.
And lastly....If you are lucky enough to be different don't ever change!
07 July 2015